Saturday 12 July 2014

What's In My Make-Up Bag

Hello!

Hooray! My favourite season is upon us! It is summer time! I love the summer as the weather gets warmer, the grass gets greener, the evenings get longer and life gets better. In the summer it is so nice to relax and enjoy spending time with all your favourite people. We all know that when it is hot we want stay as cool as possible, so you don't want lots of make-up on. During the summer months I like to change up what products I have in my make-up bag, as I don't like wearing heavy foundations or dark colours on my lips. So, today I thought that I would show you what is in my make-up bag!


The first product that I have in the bag is my Dream Pure 8-in-1 BB Cream by Maybelline New York. I really like this BB cream as it is really light and it has great coverage. I own the cream for oily skin in the colour light but you can buy the Dream Fresh BB Cream which is for all skin types and comes in many different colours. The other great thing about this product is that it has SPF 15 in it which means that it protects your skin. However, if it is really sunny outside please make sure that you put on proper sun cream or a foundation/BB Cream that has a higher SPF, as it is really important that you take care of your skin. I do not use this product every day in the summer, as most of the time you want to wear as little as possible, however if my skin is particularly bad then I will use this to cover up.



Next is my concealer. I use the Hide The Blemish Concealer by Rimmel London. I absolutely love this concealer as it has really great coverage for blemishes and under-eye circles. It is also really light so when you have it on you cannot feel it at all, which is perfect for the summer time. However, I use this concealer all year round because I love it so much! The one that I own is in the colour 001 Ivory. Another good thing about this product is that it lasts a really long time.



After I have applied the BB cream and/or the concealer I will go on to apply a powder. The powder that I use is from Rimmel London and is their Stay Matte Long Lasting Press Powder. I have used this powder for quite a long time now and I really like it. It is so good for leaving your skin with a matte look and it will last a really long time. You can buy the powder in a range of colours, but my one is in the colour 004 Sandstorm. This product is also great for minimising the appearance of pores.
To apply the powder I use my Laura Geller Retractable Powder Brush. This brush is so soft and is really handy as after you have used you can just pop the lid back on to prevent it from being damaged. You can apply a good amount of powder onto the brush and I find that it distributes the powder very evenly on the skin. 




The next product in my make-up bag is my Scandal Eyes Precision Micro Eyeliner. This eyeliner is really good as the tip is so fine making it easier to create the perfect line. It is almost like a felt tip! This is the perfect eyeliner for beginners as it is so simple to use and you can create different styles of liner. This product also happens to be waterproof, however I cannot tell you how waterproof it is as I have never tested it! I don't tend to use this product every day as most days I like to wear as little make-up as possible, but if I am going out for dinner with family or friends then I think that eyeliner can look nice and smart.



If I do not use this eyeliner, but still want to add something more to my eyes then I will use this next product. It is my Color Trend Pencil Eyeliner from Avon. This eyeliner can be worn either along your lash line or on your waterline. I think that this pencil is really good as it comes out a very deep black and stays on your eyes without smudging for a long time. I use this eyeliner quite a lot as I love to use it when I tightline my eyes. Although I like this product I do not recommend that you use it if you are going out somewhere where you might sweat a lot as it could smudge.



Next in my make-up bag is my two favourite mascaras. The first of the two is my Scandal Eyes Waterproof Mascara by Rimmel London. I bought this mascara a couple of months ago as it came to my attention that I did not own a waterproof mascara. Since buying it I have used it frequently and have really liked it. The brush is very large which means that it extends over all my lashes. I also really like the packaging! It isn't my favourite mascara, but I do think that it is very good.



My second mascara is definitely my favourite. It is my Extra Super Lash Mascara from Rimmel London. This has been my favourite mascara for a while now as I really enjoy using it. It makes my lashes super long, separates them out so they look thick and makes them very black. The brush is a perfect shape as it allows you to reach all your lashes. The other great thing about this mascara is that once you have it on it feels so light and you hardly notice that you are wearing any thing at all! I think that this is perfect for the summer. I love this product so much that it made my June Favourites.



The final item in my make-up bag is my favourite product for my lips at the moment. This product is my Colour Rush Balm from Rimmel London in the colour Not An Illusion. I love this lip balm so much at the moment as I think that it is in such a perfect colour and I love the fact that it is a balm so it doesn't dry up your lips like some products. One of my favourite things about this product is that it is shaped like a crayon so it makes it super easy to apply. The colour of this will stay on your lips pretty much the whole day which is great, especially in the summer when it is really warm and you don't want to keep having to apply colour to your lips. This product also made it into my June Favourites.



Lastly, I thought that I would tell you a bit about my make-up bag itself. My grandparents very kindly bought it me for Easter this year and I really like it! I think that it is the perfect size for storing all your make up products. I absolutely love the design on it and I think that the little heart on the front is super cute! They also bought me a smaller matching bag which I use for brushes.



Links:

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing what products I keep in my make-up bag in the summer as I had a lot of fun writing this post. I hope that have a lovely weekend and I am looking forward to my next post on Tuesday.

Keep sweet!
Bethany x

1 comment:

  1. I love the stay matte powder! It's such a good product!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete