Saturday 26 July 2014

July Favourites

Hello!

Where has this month gone?! It feels like only last week when I was writing my June Favourites! However, as it is the last Saturday of the month, I am going to show you all my favourite things from the past month. The weather has been getting increasingly warmer, which is lovely for the summer, so I had to find items that were cooling and not too heavy.

I am going to start off with my beauty favourites. I have been using all these products all the time in the past month!


Champneys Watermint Lotion Spritz


I absolutely love using this product in the summer as it is so refreshing! After a shower, instead of using a heavy moisturiser, you can use this lotion to moisturise. You spritz it onto your skin which is really cooling. The other thing that I love about this product is that it smells amazing! I love all things mint so for it to smell of it makes it one of my favourite products.

Hand Maid Antibacterial Hand Cleansing Gel


I was introduced to this Soap & Glory product last year by my best friend Ellen and I really liked it! I always like to use hand gel as it makes me feel refreshed and clean. The reason that I like this particular one so much is because it smells so good and it is very light. Usually, antibacterial hand gel smell of chemicals, but this one smell of grapefruit and flowers!

Natural Collection Nail Polish


Personally, I think that this is the perfect colour to have on your nails during the summer! The pictures don't really do it justice, but it is really pretty orange/pink coral colour with a slight shimmer in it. This polish is from Natural Collection in the colour Antique Coral. I love putting this on my nails in the summer!

Rose and Almond Oil Vaseline


This Vaseline product has been my favourite lip balm for a very long time! When you use it, it tints your lips a beautiful rosy pink colour, whilst moisturising them. It makes your lips feel so soft and makes them taste like rose. I enjoy using this product in the summer as you want to care for your lips but give them a slight tint of colour.

Up next, is my favourite outfit from the month of July!




I bought this dress a couple of years ago in New Look. I really enjoy wearing it as it is made out of light material and can be worn at any time of the day. You can wear it with flats during the daytime and then dress it up with a belt and some heels for the evening. I love these type of dresses as I think that they can be very flattering but still be comfortable. Unfortunately, this dress isn't available in New Look anymore, however they do sell lots of other gorgeous dresses which I recommend you check out!

Now I am going to show my favourite book that I have read this month!


This book is called A Hundred Pieces Of Me by Lucy Dillon. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I am in love with the story of the main character, Gina. The way that the author wrote the book was extremely clever and I think that she is an excellent writer. She describes things so beautifully and has a gift of pulling you into the book, as though you are watching what happens in front of you. One of things that I love most about the way that she writes is that she leaves you hanging with so many clues and questions. She gives out little hints and then lets you think about them however you wish to, then describes what really happened later on in the book. The story is about a woman called Gina Bellamy who is starting again, after a few years she'd rather forget. But, all her belongings do not fit into her new life. So Gina makes a resolution. She will keep just a hundred special items and the rest can go. However, that means coming to terms with her past and learning to embrace the future, whatever it might bring. I really recommend you read this book as it is brilliant and it really makes you think about how important things really are.

Finally, I am going to share with you my favourite Disney thing that I have been loving in July.




The pictures that you see above are screenshots from two videos made by a very talented woman called Heather. She has created two videos of Disney medleys which are absolutely incredible. She sings a cappella (meaning it is only her voice) and arranges it, records it and edits it all by herself. And as if that it not enough, she also does all her own hair and make-up! I think that the two medleys are very well put together and I love listening to them! I discovered these videos quite a while ago, but this month I have been listening to them non-stop! She is so incredibly talented and I think that you should all go and check out her videos.

Those are all my favourite things for this month! I hope that you have enjoyed seeing what products, clothes, books and Disney items I have been loving in July! I am looking forward to writing another one in August.

Links:

Other Links:

Keep sweet!
Bethany x

No comments:

Post a Comment