Tuesday 8 July 2014

Disney Characters That Inspire Me

Hello!

One of the things that I love about Disney the most is the fact that every single film has a moral. They teach children and adults about good and evil and how to be a good person. I think that many of the characters are very inspiring, and are excellent role models for young children. So, today I am going to share with you my list of Disney characters that inspire me. The list isn't in any particular order, they are just all the characters who I look up to.

First on my list is Cinderella. I have heard many people say that they think Cinderella didn't do that much and just waited around for her prince. However, I believe that she is an excellent role model, as she is kind, caring and amiable. She puts up with her two horrible step-sisters, Anastasia and Drizella, and her wicked step-mother, and does as they say. When she is not scurrying around after her step-family, she dreams of a better life where her wishes will come true. In the first movie we see how friendly she is too all the animals (even Lucifer!) and that she believes that 'a dream is a wish your heart makes'. In the second movie we see a more personal side to her, whilst she is living in the palace and fulfilling her royal duties. We also see how kindhearted and thoughtful she is. The third movie is the one which I believe is the most important, as this is where we see that she does not give up and that she will fight for someone that she loves.


Next, is Quasimodo from The Hunchback Of Notre Dame. I love his character so much, as even though Claude Frollo has been cruel to Quasimodo his whole life, he still dreams about going out into the world and escaping the bell tower. My favourite song from the movie is Out There which I think perfectly describes Quasimodo's character. It shows us that he is determined to escape, even if it is just for one day, so he can experience what life is like for normal people. I understand that people do not like this movie, as he does not 'get the girl' at the end, but I think that this makes the film even better. It shows you that you do not have to have a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy or to know the feeling of love, and I don't think that many people understand how important this message is. Quasimodo wanted to be accepted for who he was, and not portrayed as a monster, and by the end of the movie that is what he got.


The next character is Alice from Alice In Wonderland. I love the quirkiness of the movie and all the different things that Alice comes across. One of the things that I like the most about her is the way that she deals with all of the different situations that she is put in, and that - over time - she adapts her attitude and becomes more and more used to being in such an odd place. I think that when she first falls down the rabbit hole and converses with the door she does the thing which I think all young people would do in that situation; cries. This immediately makes her more likable as you can connect with her on a personal level. Throughout the movie she says some fantastic things which I like to remind myself of. Things such as: 'curiosity often leads to trouble', 'I give myself very good advice...but I seldom follow it' and 'I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.'.


Carl Fredricksen from Up is my next on the list. The thing that I love the most about Carl is that even though he went through an awful time when Ellie died, he still decided that he was going to go to South America. His determination to get there, and put their house next to Paradise Falls, is what gets him onto this list. I adore the love story of Ellie and Carl, and every time I watch the film I always cry at the end of their montage. Throughout the film he shows dedication and courage as he pulls his home through the deserted land, battles against Charles Muntz and builds his relationship with Russell. The fact that he does all this imagining Ellie by his side makes it even better. I imagine that so many people can relate to Carl and the tough times that he had been through, but he shows us that no matter how bad things may seem, they will always get better.


After Carl, I have Queen Elsa from Frozen. As you know I am in love with one of the latest Disney films, Frozen. I really like all the characters, but Elsa is my favourite as I feel as though I relate to her the most. At the beginning of the movie we can see the trauma that she went through as a child when she accidentally hit her sister, Anna, in the head with her magic. From that moment she was terrified of her own power and what harm she could cause the kingdom. At the party, after the coronation, we see a grown up Elsa conversing calmly with Anna, however when things start to go wrong, she panics. After years of trying to conceal her powers she finally lets them go and runs off into the mountains to be alone. While she is there she learns a lot about herself and the magic that she possesses. By the end of the film we see a completely different side to her as she learns that 'love will thaw'. The thing that I love most about Elsa is that even though she has lead a lifetime of regrets and worry, in the end she is happy and she teaches us - much like Carl - that everything will be alright in the end.


Next up is Hercules from Hercules. I am completely in love with the story and all the characters of the movie Hercules, and the main character of this wonderful film definitely inspires me. My favourite thing about Hercules is the fact that he has always known that he doesn't quite fit in and then when he finds out the truth he decides to find out where he really belongs. We follow him to the different places that he visits and we learn with him what being a true hero means. I really like the fact that even though he proves that he is a hero by defeating the Hydra and many other horrible monsters, it isn't enough. In the end we learn that to earn his true hero status he had to put someone else's needs before his own. Another thing that I love about Hercules is that even though he eventually finds out the truth about Meg, he still rescues her and risked his own life to bring back hers.


Second to last on my list is Wendy Darling from Peter Pan. I have always been obsessed with the idea of flying away to Neverland with Peter Pan and never growing up, and because of this I've always loved Wendy. I regularly say that I don't want to grow up, as I would rather fly off to Neverland, but Wendy has taught me that even though I do have to grow up I never have to stop believing in magic. I think that Wendy is the perfect role model as she is quite mature, very kind and big believer in all things magic. We see Wendy in Peter Pan 2 (Return To Neverland) all grown up with children of her own. At the beginning of the film we see her telling the wonderful stories of Peter Pan and Captain Hook to her two young children, Danny and Jane. We soon find out that Jane does not believe in magic, but when she is whisked off to Neverland with Peter Pan she understands what magic is all about, and returns full of new stories to tell her family. At the end of the movie we see the lovely scene of Peter and Wendy reunite at the window and hear Peter exclaim 'you've changed!' and Wendy reply 'not really.'. This shows how although she had to grow up, Wendy never really changed.


Finally, we have the character that inspires me the most... Mickey Mouse. Mickey is the most famous Disney character, as he was the mouse that started it all. He is funny, warmhearted and so friendly. He loves to be with his friends and help out as many people as he can. Mickey is certainly a character to look up to and I think that he is the one character that can make you happy no matter what mood you are in. I do not need to say much as I think we can all agree that Mickey Mouse is such a wonderful character created by an incredible man.


So those are all of the Disney characters that really inspire me. I love them all so much and I hope that you can agree with me when I say that they are all excellent role models. I had so much fun writing this post and I hope that you enjoyed reading it.

Keep sweet!
Bethany x

No comments:

Post a Comment